Super Eagles captain John Obi Mikel names who is a better player between Messi and Ronaldo

Super Eagles captain John Obi Mikel names who is a better player between Messi and Ronaldo

Super Eagles captain, John Obi Mikel, has given his candid verdict over who is a better player between Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi and Juventus' Cristiano Ronaldo.

Mikel, who is currently with the Eagles squad in Alexandria, Egypt getting set for the Africa Cup of Nations opener against Burundi was asked to name his best player between the pair.

The Eagles captain did not bother to say anything about the Portuguese as he stressed that Messi is from a different planet while providing answers to interesting trivia questions.

"The best is Messi all day. For me, he's from a different planet.

"I feel so grateful playing against him so many times - from the U20s to last summer's World Cup. I'm so privilege to have done that," added Mikel.

Meanwhile, the Super Eagles will train behind closed doors in their final two sessions ahead of their AFCON 2019 opener, according to a report on NFF's official Twitter handle.

The sessions scheduled for the training pitch of the Arab Academy of Science, Technology and Maritime Transport, Alexandria, commence from 1700 hours each day.

The report added that the media and fans will be handed a first fifteen minutes grace to see the team train on Thursday and Friday, June 20 and 21 respectively, with Franco-German manager Gernot Rohr keen on going through his tactics without onlookers.

Nigeria will hold her first official press conference of AFCON 2019 from 2-2.30pm on Friday, June 21, at the Press Conference Hall of the Alexandria Stadium.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...