Jose Mourinho emerges as shock candidate to become next Chelsea boss with Maurizio Sarri set for Juventus

Jose Mourinho is keen on a sensational third spell as Chelsea manager, reports claim.

The Blues are on the hunt for a new head coach yet again, with Maurizio Sarri set to join Juventus over the coming days.

Jose Mourinho emerges as shock candidate to become next Chelsea boss with Maurizio Sarri set for Juventus

Could Mourinho be back for a third spell in charge?

Mourinho, 56, is the most successful manager in the club's history, boasting three Premier League titles over two spells and five years at Stamford Bridge.

Twice he has been sacked by Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, in 2007 and 2015, the latter amid the Blues' collapse following their 2014/15 title-winning campaign.

And according to The Sun, the former Manchester United boss, currently without a job, is ready to return to Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho's relationship with the Blues faithful turned sour during his reign at Old Trafford, with chants of 'f*** off Mourinho' heard following his high-profile bust-up with ex-Chelsea boss Antonio Conte.

The self-declared 'Special One' hit back in typical fashion, telling his former admirers, 'Judas is No. 1'.

And the Portuguese was involved in a furious touchline scrap with Blues assistant Marco Ianni during the chaotic 2-2 draw between Chelsea and United earlier this season.

Mourinho often reminds Chelsea fans of his success at the club

Mourinho revealed back in March that he wants to return to management by the end of this month.

He told BeIN SPORTS: "What I have in mind is that I would like to be back in the summer, in June, for a new club, for a new pre-season.

"I know exactly what I don't want. That's the reason why I had to say already to three or four different offers. I had to say no.

"And I know what I want, in terms of not a specific club but the nature of the job, the dimension of the job, I know what I want."

A tricky task awaits the next man in charge at Chelsea following the loss of Eden Hazard to Real Madrid.

The club are also unable to register new players this summer due to their two-window transfer ban - and it is understood the infamously impatient Chelsea hierarchy will demand a top-four finish nonetheless.

Frank Lampard is the bookies' favourite to become the next Chelsea boss

Blues legend and current Derby boss Frank Lampard remains the hot favourite to replace Sarri.

Massimiliano Allegri, Erik ten Hag, Nuno Espirito Santo and Javi Gracia are also among the candidates to succeed the Italian.

Meanwhile, Mourinho has also been linked with a Premier League return to Newcastle, if the club are successfully taken over.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...