Inter Milan appoint Ex-Chelsea boss as new manager

Inter Milan appoint Ex-Chelsea boss as new manager

Antonio Conte has been appointed Inter Milan manager and will now take charge of the Nerazzurri dugout as of Friday, May 31.

The former Juventus and Italy midfielder replaces the sacked Luciano Spalletti and will resume work after exiting Stamford Bridge at the end of last season.

"A new chapter in my life is beginning and I am really excited," The 49-year old said, according to BBC.

Inter finished fourth and qualified for the Champions League but that was not enough to see Spalletti hold his job.

Spalletti was sacked after failing to win any silverware during his two-year spell at the Chinese-owned club.

"I have chosen Inter because of the club it is, because of how ambitious it is. I was struck by the club's transparency and the desire to bring Inter back to where it belongs," Conte said.

Conte was preferred over ex-Manchester United gaffer Jose mourinho, who was also one of the Serie A club's top contenders for the job.

In his two-year spell at Stamford bridge the Italian won the Premier league and the FA Cup.

The ex-Chelsea manager's last top job in Italy before moving to England saw him lift three Serie A title with Juventus.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...