Europa League final: Sarri reveals what he told Chelsea players at half time, speaks on future

Europa League final: Sarri reveals what he told Chelsea players at half time, speaks on future

Chelsea coach Maurizio Sarri, on Wednesday spoke at about his future after the win over Arsenal in the UEFA Europa League final match in Baku.

Many fans have been complaining about the Italian's style after a run of poor performances.

"You know very well that I love the Eglish Premier League, the level of the competition," Reuters quoted him as telling reporters.

"I am lucky because I am in Chelsea, one of the best clubs in the Premier League, one of the best championships in the world," he said.

"So, in the moment I am happy but of course I want to know if the club is happy, if we can improve."

Sarri recalled that he urged his players to be bolder at halftime in the Europa League final, with the score at 0-0.

"At the end of the first half I asked my players to play with more courage," he said.

"We could risk to lose but I wanted a team with more courage for moving the ball better and I think that the players did it very well in the second half," he said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...