Chelsea vs Arsenal: Emery speaks on starting Cech ahead of Leno in Europa League final

Chelsea vs Arsenal: Emery speaks on starting Cech ahead of Leno in Europa League final

Arsenal manager, Unai Emery, has disclosed that he can start or not start goalkeeper, Petr Cech, ahead of Bernd Leno when the Gunners tackle Chelsea in Wednesday's Europa League final in Baku.

The Spaniard believes Cech deserves trust, adding he has respect for the former Chelsea shot-stopper.

Arsenal reached the Europa League final after defeating Napoli in the semi-final encounter, while Chelsea dumped Frankfurt out of the competition.

Asked if he would start Cech ahead of Leno, Emery was quoted by Metro UK as telling reporters on Tuesday: "I respect Cech a lot.

"He is amazing, first as a person and a professional goalkeeper.

"He deserves trust in him, his career says to us he is a gentleman. He can start or cannot start, I am going to decide. How can we not believe in him?

Emery added: "I can speak about Petr Cech a lot, but above all he is a great man, a great professional, his behaviour is amazing and his year here with us is going to be the last match tomorrow because he decided to finish his career.

"And I want to do something important with him. This is my conversation with him. I want to do something important with him in the last moment of his career - playing or not playing."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...