Solskjaer reveals what he discovered during his time in charge of Man Utd

Solskjaer reveals what he discovered during his time in charge of Man Utd

Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has admitted that his time in charge of the club, has proven to him that he hates losing.

The Norwegian replaced Jose Mourinho as United manager in December and shone as caretaker boss, only to struggle as permanent boss.

And a miserable Premier League season came to an end on Sunday, as relegated Cardiff won 2-0 at Old Trafford.
Solskjaer is positive he can kick on next season, after an underwhelming campaign.

"I've learned that I don't like losing. I like winning. We started off fantastically.

"The boys were unbelievable when I came in. We were positive. We won games. The whole group gelled together and I enjoyed winning but I know that football is hard.

"You can't just expect everything to go that way and the reality hit us. We are in a league with loads of very good teams and, to be at our top (level), we need to be 100 per cent focused.

"We came into some games really, really focused with the full team and I thought that was fantastic.

"Then you learn a lot when you go through tough times and think about 'who can we build this team around?' and who we think is going to take the next step because we need to go to the next level," Solskjaer told MUTV.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...