Aubameyang speaks on sharing Golden Boot with Salah, Mane

Aubameyang speaks on sharing Golden Boot with Salah, Mane

Arsenal forward, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has said that he was happy to share the Premier League Golden Boot with two other African players, Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane.

Aubameyang took his tally to 22 in the league to end up as joint top scorer, but came within inch of winning it outright.

The Gabon international scored 31 goals in 50 games for the Gunners this season, being his first full campaign since his £56m move in January last year.

He said, "I'm happy that we won and that I'm sharing the [Golden Boot] trophy with two other guys that I like.

"My team mates knew I was in contention. Me? I said nothing to the guys because I didn't want them to only focus on me.

"I'm a team player and if I wasn't scoring, it wouldn't have mattered. But I scored and I'm really happy for that. I have to be thankful to the team.

"It was a tough season but I had the chance to score goals, because the team played a great season.

"Of course the last months were not the best in the Premier League, but the whole season, we put in a great effort.

"I was near (to a hat-trick) but sometimes that can happen."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...