Champions League: Mourinho sends message to Pochettino after Tottenham's win over Ajax

Champions League: Mourinho sends message to Pochettino after Tottenham's win over Ajax

Former Manchester United boss, Jose Mourinho has told Tottenham manager, Mauricio Pochettino not to quit Tottenham if he wins the Champions League this season.

Pochettino had hinted that he could be off if he achieved the "miracle" of leading Tottenham to European glory this campaign.

In a press conference, Pochettino had said, "Winning the Champions League? It should be fantastic, no? Close the five year chapter and go home.

"To win the Champions League with Tottenham, in this circumstance, in this season, maybe I need to think a little bit to do something different in the future, for sure.

"Because to repeat this miracle, you know...But for sure I hope home. Whatever happens tomorrow, I go home."

Asked if his comment was made in jest he replied: "It's not a joke, why?"

Mourinho was asked for his thoughts on Pochettino's comments, after Tottenham defeated Ajax on Wednesday and the Portuguese responded on beIN SPORTS, "I would tell him not to do it."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...