Real Madrid vs Villarreal: What Zidane said about signing Pogba before LaLiga clash

Real Madrid vs Villarreal: What Zidane said about signing Pogba before LaLiga clash

Real Madrid manager, Zinedine Zidane, has backtracked after his recent praise of Paul Pogba, clarifying that it doesn't mean he wants to sign the Manchester United midfielder.

Zidane returned as Madrid coach in March and is keen on overhauling the squad this summer.

The Frenchman also spoke openly about liking Pogba "a lot" and suggesting the Spanish outfit could be the next club for a player he knows very well.

However, ahead of Sunday's league fixture against Villarreal, Zidane sought to clarify his comments.

"I said Pogba was a good player, but I could say the same about other players.

"I know him, nothing else. I am not getting into something. If you ask me about Pogba, I say that he is a very good player, but he plays for Manchester United.

"At the end of the season we will see which players come here, and who leaves. But I did not say 'We are going to sign Pogba,' nothing like that. I will not say anything [about any deals] until things are done," Zidane told a press conference.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...