Messi, Ronaldo suggested as Hazard's replacement at Chelsea

Messi, Ronaldo suggested as Hazard's replacement at Chelsea

Former Chelsea defender, Wayne Bridge, has suggested that only Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, are capable of replacing Eden Hazard at the club.

Hazard is one of Real Madrid's primary targets this summer and has spoken openly about moving to Spain to play under his idol, Zinedine Zidane.

The Blues are holding out for £100million for the Belgian and have already agreed a £58m deal for Borussia Dortmund winger, Christian Pulisic.

But Bridge isn't convinced that anyone, apart from Ronaldo and Messi, could replace Hazard.

"If Chelsea lose Hazard, I don't know how they could replace him.

"I couldn't think who they would sign because Hazard is one of the best players in the world. I would think only Messi or Ronaldo could replace him. I think if they do lose him, they can't replace him.

"That's why I worry that Chelsea could struggle even more than they are doing at the moment. He has been a huge part of the club's season with goals and assists. I would love to see Hazard stay to help the club compete and he has been so good for the league, but we don't know what will happen," Bridge told Goal.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...