Paul Scholes blasts four Man United stars as 'confusing squad of players'

Paul Scholes blasts four Man United stars as 'confusing squad of players'

Manchester United legend, Paul Scholes has slammed four stars of the club, Romelu Lukaku, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial and Alexis Sanchez, as "confusing squad of players".

This is coming following Man United's 1-1 draw against Chelsea on Sunday in the Premier League encounter at Old Trafford.

Scholes believes Rashford, Lukaku, Martial and Sanchez are not good enough for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side.

"I think it's a confusing club and a confusing squad of players at the minute," Scholes told Premier League Productions.

"I always think at Manchester United and at big clubs, you're only as good as your centre forwards are and your attacking players. I'm not sure whether these attacking players are good enough.

"We talk about potential with [Anthony] Martial, [Marcus] Rashford, but you're getting to a point now where it's not potential, you have to start producing week in, week out."

Scholes added: "Lukaku. I'm not sure if he's a top class centre forward that's going to score you 30 goals to win you a league. There's confusion with the forwards.

"When I played we had four centre-forwards, who were brilliant, and they were centre forwards.

"You look now and you've got Lukaku, who's definitely a centre-forward, but then you've got Martial, Rashford, [Alexis] Sanchez. Are they centre-forwards? Are they wide players?

"There's confusion all over the pitch. A lack of identity."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...