Matic reveals Manchester United team-mates responsible for 4-0 defeat to Everton

Matic reveals Manchester United team-mates responsible for 4-0 defeat to Everton

Manchester United midfielder, Nemanja Matic, has lashed out at his "experienced" team-mates, after their 4-0 defeat to Everton on Sunday.

United's hopes of securing a top four finish suffered a further blow, as goals from Richarlison, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Lucas Digne and Theo Walcott condemned Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side to a heavy defeat.

Matic admitted that he deserved criticism for his performance in the defeat, given that he is one of his side's most experienced players.

The Serbian told Malaysian network Astro Supersport: "I think many things didn't work for us today.

"The staff prepared the game in the same way that they prepare every game. They showed us every small detail where they (Everton) can hurt us, but I think the biggest problem was that we didn't have leaders today on the pitch.

"In this case me, because I'm one of the most experienced guys in the team, so if we don't win that battle in the midfield then for the whole team it's difficult to play. If someone is to blame for this game it's me."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...