Barcelona star Coutinho finally reveals where he will be playing next season amid Chelsea, Man United's interests

Barcelona star Coutinho finally reveals where he will be playing next season amid Chelsea, Man United's interests

Barcelona superstar Philippe Coutinho has ruled out a chance of returning to the Premier League anytime soon.

The Brazil international dumped Liverpool to join the Catalans in a five year deal valued around £142 million in 2018.

Meanwhile, after just about two seasons in the Spanish League, the 26-year-old has been linked with a move back to the EPL - with Manchester United and Chelsea interested in signing him.

Daily Star claims the Blues are hoping to replace him with Real Madrid target Eden Hazard at the end of this season.

While the Red Devils are going all out to overhaul their squad and bring quality players to Old Trafford for heavy competition next campaign.

Since United have been unable to get the best out of Alexis Sanchez, they are now hoping they can sign the Brazilian to take over from the Chilean.

Coutinho has however broken the hearts of the English topflight sides, saying he is happy at his current club and will not be looking to quit the Camp Nou.

He told the Daily Mirror: " This is my second season here. I have won titles but I am always an ambitious and demanding player.

"So, I want more and more. But I'm happy. I wanted to play in Spain and I'm at the best club in Spain. My head is exclusively in Barcelona. Returning to England now does not fit into my plans ."

Coutinho has managed to score ten goals and two assists in 33 matches in all competitions this campaign.

But then, he is yet to hit the height expected of him by the Blaugrana since his arrival at the Camp Nou in 2018.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...