Ex-Nigeria captain seriously down with illness, needs over $50,000 to stay alive

Ex-Nigeria captain seriously down with illness, needs over $50,000 to stay alive

Christian Chukwu, former Super Eagles captain and coach is currently down with an undisclosed ailment.

Former Enugu Rangers patron, Benson Ejindu made this known in a Facebook post seeking to raise funds for the legend.

The football administrator is expected to undergo surgery in the United States of America but requires about $50,000 for the operation and all other medical expenses.

Chukwu was the skipper of the nationa's national team when they won their first ever African Cup of Nations in 1980.

Meanwhile, the nation's football governing body have revealed that they are ready to support the ailing football administrator.

"I am not in Nigeria presently but I have asked the NFF Acting President, Barr. Seyi Akinwunmi to take full charge and ensure that this matter is treated promptly.

"It was for this kind of development that I spoke about the welfare foundation for our legends at the 2nd AITEO-NFF Awards in Lagos on 1st April 2019 .

"The NFF would always be there to lend support to our legends in their hour of need," Pinnick said.

Chairman, as he was fondly referred to was assistant to Clemence Westerhof when the Super Eagles qualified for the FIFA World Cup for the first time in 1994.

The same year they won the country's second AFCON title in Tunisia, while they climbed to fifth position on the world ranking back then.

Between 2002 and 2005, Chukwu was head coach of the Super Eagles, leading the team to win bronze medal at the 2004 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...