Real Madrid star rejects Man United offer for Champions League rivals

Real Madrid star rejects Man United offer for Champions League rivals

Raphael Varane is set snub a summer move to Manchester United after opting to sign for Juventus.

According to Mirror, the Frenchman has been repeatedly linked with a switch to the Premier League giants, but will face some top Europe clubs

At the moment, the report also claim the 25-year-old Varane is on Juventus, after informing Los Blancos chiefs he wants to quit the Santiago Bernabeu at the end of the current campaign.

But club boss Zidane has dismissed claims that his compatriot Varane is unhappy at Real Madrid.

"I can tell you he is very happy here, has been here eight years, has done phenomenal so far.

"I don't see him as people have said recently, he looks happy and committed in what he is doing," he added.

Interestingly, Varane, who has spent eight years at the Spanish capital disclosed recently ithe 2018-19 season was very difficult.

Varane said: "To say that I am not happy at Real Madrid is not true.

"I'm at Real Madrid. The biggest club in the world. I'm constantly in a state of challenging myself because the requirement here is that of the highest level.

"I'm focused on my career. We had a tough time in the middle of the season where we had to fight. I've given my all in this shirt and I can be proud of that.

"I cannot control everything that's said [in the media]. Many things aren't right but I can't say I'm unhappy in Madrid.

"We had a tough season, it's the daily routine for players at the top.

"I'm discreet and the problem when you're a quiet person is you hear many things but talk little about yourself," Verane submitted.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...