How Premier League managers reacted to Solskjaer's appointment as Man Utd's Permanent Manager

How Premier League managers reacted to Solskjaer's appointment as Man Utd's Permanent Manager

Premier League managers have reacted to the appointment of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as Manchester United's permanent manager.

recall that Solskjaer was on Thursday
appointed as Man United's new permanent manager after winning 14 of his 19 matches in charge as caretaker manager.

Reacting to Solskjaer's appointment, Everton manager, Marco Silva was quoted by Manchester Evening News as saying: "He has shown his quality as a manager. For me, it is not a surprise. Since he joined they have improved. He is deserving of this new contract."

On his part, Southampton manager, Ralph Hasenhuttl said: "I think he has done a fantastic job so far. The wins he has managed with the team are fabulous and I think because of his history as a player, the fans love him and he is in a very good standing there. He showed that he can handle this job, so it's not the worst decision."

Also, West Ham United manager, Manuel Pellegrini said:

"I think it's a manager that knows the club and that is very important. I wish him for him to be a very successful manager in the next three years, especially winning this weekend. They play against Watford.

"I don't think it's about age. I think he's done the perfect job there. I want to congratulate him. He had some good wins, I wish him all the best for the future."

Reacting, Burnley manager, Sean Dyche said: "Solskjaer has brought a different feel to it, partly because of his history and the fantastic player that he was, but also his links with the club. Micky Phelan going back in as well, maybe it's a different inside understanding of how that works.

"From the outside, that seems to have been important and the players have grown from that as well. The feeling has changed around the stadium and in general. Even at the level, with the quality of their players, they can still get a bit tight about things. There has been a looseness and free way to how they've been playing and delivering performances."

On his part, Leicester City manager, Brendan Rodgers said: "Firstly, congratulations to Ole because he's done a great job since going in. He knows the club inside out. There'll be a great challenge for him, but he's definitely had a response from the players since he's gone in, so I'm sure he'll look to continue with it.

"He knows the fabric of the club. He knows the identity and he has that affinity with the supporters, which is a good start, but ultimately, he's got results. He's maximised what he has from the players in the period of time he's been in."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...