Real Madrid star linked with £86m move to Man United finally breaks silence

Real Madrid star linked with £86m move to Man United finally breaks silence

Raphael Varane has debunked rumours linking him with an £86million move to join Manchester United next summer.

The France international insisted he is happy with Los Blancos even as the Red Devils prepare a summer bid for the center-half.

It is understood earlier in the week that the Frenchman had told teammates he was ready to leave the Bernabeu amid United's apparent interest.

However Varane has rubbished reports saying he is unhappy with Los Blancos following the return of Zinedine Zidane.

"To say that I am not happy at Real Madrid is not true," he told the French press after helping his country to a 4-1 victory over Moldova.

"I'm at Real Madrid. The biggest club in the world. I'm constantly in a state of challenging myself because the requirement here is that of the highest level.

"I'm focused on my career. We had a tough time in the middle of the season where we had to fight. I've given my all in this shirt and I can be proud of that.

"I cannot control everything that's said [in the media]. Many things aren't right but I can't say I'm unhappy in Madrid.

"We had a tough season, it's the daily routine for players at the top.

"I'm discreet and the problem when you're a quiet person is you hear many things but talk little about yourself."

The 25-year-old has won two La Liga titles and four Champions League crowns during his time at the Bernabeu.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...