Jose Mourinho finally reveals when he will be returning to football management

Jose Mourinho finally reveals when he will be returning to football management

Former Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has expressed his desires to return to football management this summer.

The Portuguese tactician was fired by the Red Devils chiefs last December after just two and a half season following his dwindling relationship with with the club's key players at Old Trafford.

Despite winning both Europa League and the EFL Cup titles in his first year, Mourinho struggled at subsequent seasons at the club.

Hence, United had no choice but to fire him and appoint Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on interim basis until a substantial manager has been secured.

The former Real Madrid and Chelsea handler is however planning to stage a return to football, but is waiting for the right project after turning down about four coaching jobs.

"I would like to be back in the summer in June for a new club and a new pre-season, " he told BeIn Sports.

"I know exactly what I don't want. I know what I want, in terms of not the specific club but the nature of the job, the dimension of the job ."

Mourinho was in line to be hired by Spanish League giants, but Los Blancos chose to bring Zinedine Zidane back to the Santiago Bernabeu on a second stint.

The Frenchman won three straight Champions League titles in his first two and a half years season before stepping down last May.

The former Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan boss says he misses "nothing at all" but is "not on holiday or bored with nothing to do ". "I am working, preparing myself for the next one," he added.

Meanwhile, Mourinho did rule out taking a job with a national team.

Asked if he would be managing at the Qatar World Cup in 2020, he said: " I don't think so. I like daily football, daily work, many competitions. I like matches and I want to stay in football club level ."

Jose Mourinho has lashed out at Manchester United legend Paul Scholes after suddenly resigning from his position as Oldham Athletic boss this month.

The former England midfielder spent just 31 days in charge of the lower league club - winning just one out of the seven games he played.

He suffered three defeats and the remaining three matches ended in draws before the 44-year-old called it quit with the Latics.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...