Gareth Bale reacts on his relationship with Cristiano Ronaldo while at Real Madrid

Gareth Bale reacts on his relationship with Cristiano Ronaldo while at Real Madrid

Gareth Bale has revealed he was in good terms with Cristiano Ronaldo and did not have issues with the Portuguese while at Real Madrid.

The Mirror report claim the duo had an ill-tempered during Ronaldo's spell at the Santiago Bernabeu before his switch to Serie A champions Juventus.

Bale has faced a difficult campaign with the Los Blancos since Ronaldo's exit and is now tipped to leave the Bernabeu in June.

In a chat with BT Sport's What I Wore, the Welshman, who is linked with a possible return to the Premier League next season reacts on his relationship with Ronaldo.

"Cristiano is an incredible player, I thoroughly enjoyed playing with him," Bale was quoted as saying non BT Sport's What I Wore.

"Obviously the media try and hype up these problems which were never there. We got on really well.

"He's an incredible player and what he did for the club with the amount of goals he scored. An incredible player and he is still going now," he stressed, even as he was quick to recall his move from Tottenham to Real Madrid in a world-record fee back in 2013.

"I appreciated everything Tottenham had done for me but I think they did understand at the time that when such a big club comes in for you like Real Madrid it is difficult to turn them down," Bale added.

"Even though I was enjoying my time at Tottenham, loved the club and I still do, to have Real Madrid come for you, you'll regret saying no," Bale summed up.

The Welshman's future at the Santiago Bernabeu remains unclear since the return of Zinedine Zidane.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...