Gernot Rohr reveals what Iheanacho must do for him to make Super Eagles return

Gernot Rohr reveals what Iheanacho must do for him to make Super Eagles return

Kelechi Iheanacho has been urged by Super Eagles gaffer Gernot Rohr to be more serious anytime he gets the chance to return to the Nigerian national senior team.

Gernot Rohr stated this in Asaba, Delta state while explaining the rationale behind the Leicester City striker not making the team for the two games against Seychelles and Egypt.

The 65-year-old explained that he actually snubbed Iheanacho in the games against Seychelles and Egypt so as to give other strikers the opportunity to prove themselves.

But Rohr added that he was no pleased with Kelechi Iheanacho's performances the last time and wants him to be more professional.

''I told Iheanacho why he is not on my list. It is because I want to see other strikers as this is the last opportunity to invite other players. There is no other FIFA window before we have to do our first list for the Nations cup.

"For the moment I think, he is playing in a club where there is a new coach. It will be better for him to show good form to his manager in this FIFA window. But also, we are not really satisfied about his performances the last time and he has to be more professional.

"It is not good enough to be all the time funny, you must show that you are serious, working every day in the training session and to show that you want to come back to the team,'' Rohr told reporters in Asaba.

Meanwhile, Nigeria play host to Seychelles in a dead rubber AFCON 2019 qualifier on Friday, March 22, before squaring up against 7-time African champions Egypt in an international friendly four days later.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...