Antoine Griezmann hails Cristiano Ronaldo as Juventus knock Atletico Madrid out of the Champions League

Antoine Griezmann hails Cristiano Ronaldo as Juventus knock Atletico Madrid out of the Champions League

Antoine Griezmann has hailed Cristiano Ronaldo's impact after his hat-trick secured Juventus' place in the Champions League quarter-finals but admits he feels 'guilty' as Atletico Madrid crashed out of the competition.

Atletico had a 2-0 advantage from the first leg but Ronaldo struck three times in Turin to dump Diego Simeone's side out of the Champions League.

Tuesday night's treble was the 52nd of Ronaldo's career and Griezmann praised the 34-year-old's impressive display for Juventus.

'Cristiano has made the difference to every team he's played in, he is a great player,' Griezmann told Movistar.

'In the first leg he did not have any chances, he had three today and scored three.

'We didn't play our game, we chose the wrong day to screw it up.

'Everyone is annoyed, I'm the first one, I feel guilty because I didn't make a difference like I did in the first leg. I didn't do that today.

'On all levels they were superior to us, like we were in the first leg.

'Considering we won the first leg 2-0, we can't say much. I don't know what happened, it reminded me a little of the Bayern Munich game, but that time we were able to make some adjustments.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...