Sergio Ramos reacts after Real Madrid's shameful exit in Champions League

Sergio Ramos reacts after Real Madrid's shameful exit in Champions League

Sergio Ramos watched from the stands as Real Madrid were dumped out of the Champions in front of their home fans.

Los Blancos captain believed his club have done enough to take a 2-1 advantage back to the Santiago Bernabeu.

The Spain international deliberately got himself booked in the 89th minute in the first leg after crashing into Kasper Dolberg.

Ramos will not be allowed to play in matchday one of next season's Champions League group stage after getting an additional one-ban from UEFA.

And now the reigning champions have been dumped out of the competition following a 4-1 defeat at the hands of the Amsterdam side.

When asked about the foul, Ramos said: "I would lie if I told you that I did not force the card.

"It is something I had in mind, it is not to underestimate [Ajax] or think that the tie is already over but I have decided [to be booked] so I can rest in the return, although I will be in the stadium to encourage the team."

He later backtracked saying, and in a post via Twitter , Ramos wrote: "I want to make it clear that it hurts more than anyone, I have not forced the card, as I did not against Roma in my previous Champions League match.

"I will support from the stands as one more fan with the illusion of being in the quarters."

The 32-year-old watched from the stands in frustration and the cameras inside the stadium got every single bit of his reactions.

He waved his warms around, gestured at every decision and generally looked frustrated wishing he was on the pitch.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...