Top Premier League giants fire their coach, name ex Liverpool gaffer as new manager

Top Premier League giants fire their coach, name ex Liverpool gaffer as new manager

Brendan Rodgers has made an incredible return to the Premier League after being confirmed as the new manager of Leicester City.

The former Liverpool handler however replaced Claude Puel at the King Power Stadium after quitting Scottish champions Celtic on Tuesday, February 26.

After 16 months in charge of Leicester City, Claude Puel was fired at the club and Rodgers has now signed a contract until June 2022.

Although Brendan Rodgers still has two more years on his contract at Celtic, but according to UK Mirror, Leicester City have paid Celtic £6 million in compensation.

"I'm very privileged and honored to be here as Leicester City manager and I'll give my life to make the supporters proud of their club.

"Together, we'll be stronger and I'm looking forward to working with the players, staff and supporters to make the right steps forward,'' the 46-year-old explained according to the report.

Meanwhile, Rodgers is expected to make his bow against Watford at Vicarage Road on Sunday, March 3.

Leicester City are currently occupying 12th position on the Premier League standings with 32 points after 27 games played this season.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...