Mourinho reveals why he has rejected several coaching offers

Mourinho reveals why he has rejected several coaching offers

Jose Mourinho has given the type of working conditions he would love to have if he is to accept another managerial appointment.

The Portuguese gaffer has been without a job since he was sacked as Manchester United manager shortly after the 3-1 defeat to Liverpool last December.

The ex-Chelsea boss has revealed he wants to return to what he loves doing best and opened up about how one job offer did not match his own ambitions.

"I don't want an internal conflict," the 56-year-old told the Telegraph. "I want internal empathy.

"I want to work in a club that understands there is a structure in place.

"During my career I have been working in every possible circumstance.

"The most successful situations are not because of the structure but because of the empathy in the structure."

Mourinho has managed in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain and the 56-year-old has revealed that his next destination could be "a club that is not ready to be a trophy-hunter immediately but with the ambition to be a trophy-hunter."

He added: "If it is a club without ambition I wouldn't go. I refused (the job offer) because I want high-level football and ambitions at the highest level.

"That is my second item (of requirement). My first item is structural empathy. I want to work with people that I love. People I want to work with, that I am happy to work with, with whom I share the same ideas.

"It was what I had at Inter. There are clubs like this. Normally, that is a very important part of a successful club."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...