Ex-Man United star sends emotion message to fans at Old Trafford

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has sent Manchester fans a special message, 11 months after leaving the club to join LA Galaxy.

During that period, Ibrahimovic made 53 appearances for the club, scoring 29 goals to help the club lift the League Cup and Europa League titles.

However, his second second season at Old Trafford was plagued with a serious metatarsal injury that saw him fall down the pecking.

He eventually secured a move to Major League Soccer side, LA Galaxy, in March 2018.

And close to a year since the move, the Swedish forward has taken time to reflect on his time at the club, heaping praises on its fans.

"Oh, the United fans, by the way... they are amazing. I'm not just saying that because I played for United. I know now because I've been on their side and I know the feeling they give you," he told ManUtd.com.

The 37-year-old mirrored his first goal for the Red Devils against Bournemouth in a Premier League tie when the fans could not stop singing his name for 45 minutes.

"I remember my first game in the Premier League at Bournemouth, I scored and the fans were singing my song for 45 minutes. After 20 minutes I was like: guys, please, my game is not really on top right now," he recalled.

"They really appreciated what I did and they were thankful. That is the best credit a player can get because when you do something and you get that response from the fans, it's amazing," he added.

He further acknowledged the massive support he received from the fans, saying it always made him give his all whenever on the pitch.

In 2015, he became PSG's all time leading goalscorer with 156 goals in 180 competitive matches before signing for United under Jose Mourinho.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...