Man City boss reveals to Nigerian journalist secret on why he won the Champions League with Barcelona

Man City boss reveals to Nigerian journalist secret on why he won the Champions League with Barcelona

Pep Guardiola and his side Manchester City are currently in Germany ahead of their Champions League last 16 tie with Schalke.

The English champions are in contention for four trophies this season and will be looking to make their continental ambition count.

During a pre-match conference, Nigerian journalist Omar Akatugba, made it known to the ex-Bayern Munich boss of his massive popularity in the West African country before chipping in a cheeky question about his achievements.

Akatugba then asked the former Barcelona boss if he would ever win the Champions League again without Lionel Messi, Xavi Hernandez and Andreas Iniesta.

The former Barcelona manager was taken aback with the admiration he got from fans in Nigeria but was startled at the debate of ever winning the elite competition with such players.

But the Spanish boss responded with much conviction: "I completely agree with them, because when I was there, I said many times that I would win because I had incredible players."

The 48-year-old did not rule out the fact he also had quality players in Bayern and Man City but Guarduiola admitted he was a lucky man to lead a such great side like Barcelona.

"I'm sorry, I was lucky, I agree with them."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...