Mayweather and American rapper T.I 'attack' each other over designer wear

Mayweather and American rapper T.I 'attack' each other over designer wear

Gucci's new jersey line has caused outrage across social media with many upset with how the item of clothing seems to be a kind of 'blackface.'

And now the cloths have been removed from all stores and Gucci have even issued an apology to that effect.

T.I. released a diss track, calling Mayweather a "f*ck n*gga" and the champion boxer has since responded with a critique of his own.

Fans of world-famous fashion brand, Gucci, were disappointed and angry when the brand recently released a line of jerseys that, worn over the lower half of the white model's face, gave the impression of 'blackface'.

According to TimesLIVE, many celebs and fashion followers called for a boycott of the brand, but boxer Floyd Mayweather was seen treating himself to a Gucci shopping spree right after the incident.

When asked about his outing to the Gucci store, Mayweather told TMZ: "See, the thing is this. I live for myself. I do what I want to do. I'm not a follower. You know when everybody else they say, 'Everybody gonna boycott?' I say, 'guess what? This boy gonna get on a yacht and live life."

American rapper T.I. found Mayweather's actions unacceptable and has since released a diss track about the boxer, titled "F*ck N*gga".

The artwork of "F*ck N*gga" features a cleverly photoshopped image of Mayweather dressed in one the offending Gucci garments.

The boxer clapped right back at T.I. after the release of the track, claiming that people "boycott for trend" and saying how he is tired of fake 'wokeness'.

Many social media users are outraged over the whole scandal, and have pointed out that big fashion brands continue to create products in the 'blackface' vein.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...