Super Eagles star completes mega million move to top club in England

Super Eagles star completes mega million move to top club in England

Nigeria international Efe Ambrose has reportedly revealed that he has joined English Championship club Derby County on a short-term deal.

The 30-year-old Super Eagles defender has been without a club since January this year after leaving Celtic and has now teamed up with Frank Lampard's side.

Former Chelsea star Frank Lampard who is the handler of Derby County was said to have been impressed with the training of Efe Ambrose before signing him.

And according to the report by Nigerian media platform ScoreNigeria, Efe Ambrose described his move to Derby County as a privilege for him.

"I am honored and it is a privilege to play under a legend like Frank Lampard.

"The club's target is to get the automatic promotion or playoff spot, which I pray that I could be able to play a big part of that by helping them achieve this by God's grace." Ambrose said.

Meanwhile, Championship club Derby County are yet to confirm the signing of the Nigerian football star.

Should they later confirm it, then the move is expected to help the player to make a return to the Super Eagles squad ahead of the 2019 African Cup of Nations.

There are reports that Super Eagles' gaffer Gernot Rohr is planning to give Efe Ambrose the chance in the his squad for the Nations Cup.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...