Sad day in wrestling as WWE legend dies after long battle with sickness

Sad day in wrestling as WWE legend dies after long battle with sickness

Pedro Morales, World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Hall of Famer, has passed on after long battle with parkinson disease at the age of 76.

During the days the company was known as World Wrestling Federation (WWF), Morales became the first professional wrestler to ever win the heavyweight title, the intercontinental title and the tag-team title.

His career began in 1959 but joined up with the WWF in 1970 and Morales went to on to win his first heavyweight title in 1971.

He defeated Ivan Koloff inside the famous Madison Square Garden in Los Angeles to announce himself into the scene.

Morales held onto the title for two years and eight months before surrendering the belt to Stan Stasiak in December 1973.

He retired from the sport he loved in 1987, and was inducted into WWE's Hall of Fame in 1995.

A host of WWE stars past and present shared out their memories of Morales when the sad news broke.

Nature Boy Ric Flair tweeted: "My Friend Pedro Morales, Whom I Had The Honor Of Working With Twice!
"RIP And Always Be Remembered For Your Saying "I'm Ready For Any Kind Of Action!"

And Canadian wrestling legend Bret Hart wrote:

"Goodbye to a great friend. One of the kindest, wisest wrestlers I ever knew.

"When I first started in WWE, he told me: "You can't stop talent."

"I followed those words for the rest of my career. RIP Pedro Morales."

X-Pac also posted to social media saying: "Pedro Morales was a great man & I'm honored to be able to say I knew him."

Tag team legend Bubba Ray Dudley wrote: "Growing up a WWF fan, he was my IC Champ and as fiery a babyface as any. RIP Pedro Morales."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...