Manchester United legend predicts when Maurizio Sarri will be sacked

Manchester United legend predicts when Maurizio Sarri will be sacked

Manchester United legend Gary Neville has predicted the sack of Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri at the end of the season.

The Italian born tactician succeeded Antonio Conte as the Blues coach last summer but there are speculations that the tactician as already lost the dressing room.

Sarri's men thrashed Huddersfield 5-0 in their Premier League clash at the Stamford Bridge over the weekend in a superb response to their 4-0 defeat to Bournemouth few days earlier.

The former Napoli boss was said to have lashed out at his players following their defeat to Arsenal, claiming his team was difficult to motivate and that he wouldn't budge on his tactics.

According to SunSport, Sarri is the 13th manager appointed by the club under Roman Abramovich but Neville admits that he can't see Sarri remaining at Stamford Bridge.

He told Sky Sports: " I don't think Chelsea will sack him during the season but the warning signs are there which make you think it would be surprising if it went past the summer .

"Not because I want him to leave - I think he's doing a good job - but looking at it he probably realises the job he is in.

"He's had a look at the players and sees the players are not doing what he wants them to do .

"They never probably will. The maximum any manager gets out of those players is one year. That's the nature of the club .

"No manager can maintain that job for a long time. No manager has control. The manager should have control and be the voice of the football club. But there's so much politics going on ."

Chelsea are currently fourth on the log with 50 points after 15 wins, five draws and five defeats so far this term.
Sarri's predecessors Antonio Conte and Jose Mourinho were shown the exit doors despite winning league titles, but failed to make top four.

The ex-Napoli chief said: " My job is always at risk - and I love my job for that reason. I thrive on pressure. I know very well the rules. You can beat Man City, but three days later you are at risk. "

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...