US president Donald Trump makes disturbing statement about 'football'

US president Donald Trump makes disturbing statement about 'football'

President Donald Trump has made a disturbing statement concerning American football, which is one of the country's most followed sports branding it "dangerous."

According to a si. com report citing CBS News, Trump, who would not hide his dislike for the sport said before Super Bowl LIII that he would rather have his 12-year-old son, Barron, play football than American football.

"It's very, it's very tough question, " Trump stressed.

"It's a very good question. If he wanted to? Yes. Would I steer him that way? No, I wouldn't. "

"I just don't like the reports that I see coming out having to do with football-I mean, it's a dangerous sport and I think it's- I- it's- really tough, I thought the equipment would get better, and it has," he said.

"The helmets have gotten far better but it hasn't solved the problem. So, you know I- I hate to say it because I love to watch football."

The president also took out to applaud football's progress in the country, " including me, thought soccer would probably never make it in this country, but it really is moving forward rapidly ," Trump added.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...