Morata breaks silence for the first time after arriving in Madrid ahead of Atletico Madrid move

Morata breaks silence for the first time after arriving in Madrid ahead of Atletico Madrid move

Chelsea star, Alvaro Morata, has broken silence for the first time after arriving in Madrid ahead of his January move to La Liga.

Morata has endured frustrating times with the Blues, with club boss, Maurizio Sarri, at one time demanding for his replacement.

According to a UK Metro report, the Spaniard is now set for a return to La Liga with Atletico Madrid after the club agreeing an 18-month loan deal with Chelsea.

Morata, who joined Chelsea in the summer of 2017 cost the London club a whopping £60 million, but has since been struggling for goalscoring form.

Speaking on his imminent move to Spain after arriving in Madrid on Saturday evening, January 26, to undergo a medical, Morata admitted he was "very happy" to be leaving Stamford Bridge.

"I'm very happy for this stage, I have been waiting for days, I want everything to be completed and to start training with my teammates ," the UK Metro quoted Morata.

Should the transfer be free of any complications, Morata's transfer could be completed on Monday, January 28, and make his debut a week later with Real Betis.

Asked about the possible opposition he may face from Atletico fans owing to his previous history with Real Madrid, the 26-year-old rubbished that off, saying that is now water under the bridge.

"The past is the past and can not be changed and I am very proud of that and I hope it will be finished tomorrow," he observed.

He has since been replaced at Chelsea with Argentine star Gonzalo Higuain who arrived at the club on a 6-month loan deal from Juventus.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...