David Beckham becomes club owner in England as he buys stake at top side

David Beckham becomes club owner in England as he buys stake at top side

English lower League division Salford City have announced that former Manchester United winger David Beckham has become a shareholder in the National League side.

The Englishman is said to have secured a 10 percent shares of the club and therefore joins the likes of Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Paul Scholes who are also shareholders.

Manchester United 'Class of 92' currently own 60% of Salford City with the remaining 40% being held by Singapore businessman Peter Lim.

On the other hand, David Beckham already owns American club Inter Miami who will join Major League Soccer in 2020.

"It's a proud moment for me to join Peter Lim and the 'Class of 92' lads as an owner of Salford City FC.

"It's a really special club and a special group of people.

My early years in Manchester were all spent in Salford. I grew up there in many ways so to be able to finally join the lads and the club today is a great feeling,'' Beckham explained.

Salford City are currently occupying third position in the National League, and they could make history this season should they get promotion.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...