Barcelona target Neymar calls Man United names days before their Champions League clash

Barcelona target Neymar calls Man United names days before their Champions League clash

Paris Saint Germain superstar Neymar has branded Manchester United a 'great team' days before their Champions League round of 16 clash.

This came few weeks after the Brazil attacker said that every top player 'has to play' in the Premier League.

Neymar joined PSG in a world record fee around £199 million in the summer of 2017 after spending four years at Barcelona.

The 26-year-old has however been linked with a move away from the Parc Des Princes barely two years after joining them.

He has scored 20 goals and six assists in all competitions this campaign, but he is said to be unhappy despite of his feat in France.

Neymar is expected to lead the Parisians attack when they clash against the Red Devils at Old Trafford next month.

Speaking to French TV channel Canal+ the Brazilian said, "Manchester United is a great team, one of the biggest in the world, with players of great qualities who can decide the fate of a match.

"There is always speculation about my name. Since I became a professional footballer they have always said that I was going to leave other clubs, but nothing very concrete .

"When there is something certain, I will speak to everyone. I will be up to scratch, I am very clear about that ."

Neymar was said to have responded positively to Manchester City star Benjamin Mendy after asking the Brazilian whether he will ever move to England.

The French defender blatantly said: "Neymar Jnr, answer me in French. Do you think you'll one day play in the Premier League? ".

And the former Barca star said that: " We don't know what will happen tomorrow but I believe that every great player, at least one day, has to play in the Premier League .

His Paris team-mate Kylian Mbappe has also fueled transfer speculation surrounding his future, after refusing to rule out a stunning switch to Real Madrid.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...