Arsenal legend Henry under-fire after calling a player's grandmother heartbreaking name

Arsenal legend Henry under-fire after calling a player's grandmother heartbreaking name

Arsenal legend Thierry Henry is under-fire at Monaco after reportedly claiming that Strasbourg's Kenny Lala's grandmother sleeps around.

According to sportbible. com citing Goal. com, the 41-year-old Frenchman after insulting Lala's grandma, also watched helplessly on the sidelines as Strasbourg thrashed his side 5-1 in the Ligue 1 clash.

The pair of Ludovic Ajorque netted two goals in the first half before Colombian star Radamel Falcao reduced the deficit for Monaco.

But that was the best Henry's Monaco could do on the night after Naldo was handed the matching orders.

In the second stanza, Ajorque netted his second on the night, with the trio of Ibrahima Sissoko, Stefan Mitrović and Youssouf Fofana putting the names on scoresboard.

Furthermore, the non-functioning VAR system also left the former Arsenal and Barcelona forward furious, who was keen for the referee to review a penalty appeal.

"When I asked the fourth official why he wasn't reviewing [what led to the potential penalty], he told me the VAR was not working," Henry was quoted as saying to L'Équipe.

"I would like to know why the VAR was not working and I hope you are going to ask why.

"We were 2-1 down at that moment and if we convert the penalty, it's 2-2. It would have been a game changer," he added.

Reacting moments after game Strasbourg manager Thierry Laurey backed Henry's disappointment with VAR.

"We were told after the break that the VAR would not be working for a while," he said.

"It has happened several times this season. I feel for Thierry Henry, but sometimes, technology does not work."

Monaco are currently placed 19th in Ligue 1 log after 21 games and one point ahead of basement club Guingamp.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...