Manny Pacquiao tells Floyd Mayweather to come out of retirement for a rematch after beating Adrien Broner

On Sunday, 20th January 2019, Manny Pacquiao schooled Adrien Broner over 12 rounds as he retained his world welterweight title in an explosive bout in Las Vegas.

Having been awarded the fight by all three judges, Manny called out Mayweather who sat ringside to watch the match. The pair first fought four years ago when Mayweather eased to victory but Pacquiao insists a shoulder injury hampered him throughout and has long demanded a second shot.

Manny Pacquiao tells Floyd Mayweather to come out of retirement for a rematch after beating Adrien Broner

He said: "God gave me this good health and blessings and at the age of 40 I can still do this. I proved it in my last fight and I've proved it again; at the age of 40, Manny Paquiao is still here.

I wanted to push more but my trainer said it would be careless, to wait for him and counter so that's what I did. Tell Floyd to come back to the ring and we will fight, I'm willing to fight Floyd."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...