Liverpool boss Klopp sends surprise birthday package to a fan who turns 104 this month (Photo)

Liverpool boss Klopp sends surprise birthday package to a fan who turns 104 this month (Photo)

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has surprised one of the club's long standing fans Bernard Sheridan who turns 104 years old on January 25 after sending him gifts.

The German born tactician sent a personalised letter, a birthday cake, a customised jersey and tickets to this weekend's Premier League clash against Crystal Palace to the man.

According to Daily Mail, Sheridan was extremely delighted with after receiving the gifts from the Reds representative.

The celebrant further revealed that the best gift this weekend would be to see the Anfield side claim maximum point after regulation period.

He said that: " I've been a proud Liverpool supporter since I was a boy and have supported the club through thick and thin, so I'm absolutely thrilled to be off to the match on Saturday!

"Obviously, the icing on the cake will be when we beat Crystal Palace!"

The letter that Mr Sheridan received from Klopp read: "Dear Bernard, I would like to personally wish you a very happy 104th birthday.

"I hope you enjoy celebrating with your family and friends. Thank you for your continued support of Liverpool Football Club. You'll Never Walk Alone ."

Sheridan, who lives in the RMBI care home The Tithebarn, Great Crosby, attended his first match at the age of eight, when he was accompanied by his uncle.

The ardent Liverpool fan has seven grandchildren and fourteen great grand-children. One of Sheridan's sons will be coming from Canada to watch the game against Crystal Palace at Anfield.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...