Sarri makes surprise revelation about Pulisic deal

Sarri makes surprise revelation about Pulisic deal

Chelsea manager, Maurizio Sarri, has claimed that he was unaware of the club's intentions to sign Christian Pulisic.

The Blues completed the first major transfer of the January window on Wednesday, signing Pulisic for £58m from Borussia Dortmund, before loaning him back to the Bundesliga leaders until the end of the season.

Sarri was asked about Pulisic's capture after their 0-0 draw with Southampton, but seemed unwilling to discuss it at length.

"I don't know. I didn't know anything about Pulisic yesterday.

"The club asked my opinion about him about one month ago. My opinion was positive.

"Today I have known that the deal is done but I didn't know anything."

With Chelsea's injury list mounting up and Eden Hazard the only fully fit winger in the squad, Sarri was asked whether he would have preferred Pulisic to join this month rather than in the summer.

He responded: "I don't know, I am not in control of the market. I have to think about the pitch, improving my team and the offensive phase.

"We are good to build up the action, we have to improve in the last 20 metres. The club know my position, it is up to the board.

"As I said before I am not in charge of the market, it is difficult for me to talk about the market or the deal of Pulisic."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...