Sarri reveals player he will buy in January transfer window

Sarri reveals player he will buy in January transfer window

Chelsea manager, Maurizio Sarri, has said he will not strengthen his strike force in the January transfer window, but is keen to bring in a new winger.

The Blues are set to be without Olivier Giroud for the foreseeable future, after he suffered an ankle injury against Crystal Palace.

Alvaro Morata has also not started any of Chelsea's last five Premier League matches.

Sarri could recall Tammy Abraham or Michy Batshuayi to ease his problems up front, but he insists he is happy with his striking options and is more concerned about the wide areas.

Asked if Abraham or Batshuayi would be brought back, Sarri replied: "No, because I have the option with Eden Hazard in this position.

"We have Morata and Hazard who can play very well in this position, as we have seen in the last two or three matches.

"So I think that at the moment I don't need another striker. Maybe another winger, because now we are in trouble with the injuries of Pedro, of Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek. At the moment I have no option for the wingers."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...