Tension at Bernabéu as current world best player Luka Modric rejects new Real Madrid offer

Tension at Bernabéu as current world best player Luka Modric rejects new Real Madrid offer

Current Ballon d'Or holder Luka Modric could be on his way out of Real Madrid next year following reports the Croatian has rejected a bumper new contract with the club.

The Sun quoting Telemadrid reports that the 33-year-old turned down Los Blancos offer of a new deal as he wants to leave the club.

Modric was linked with a move to Inter Milan in the summer after leading Croatia to the final of Russia 2018 World Cup but Real Madrid refused to let him go.

It is believed that Inter Milan are likely going to try again to sign him next year following report the midfielder wants a new challenge.

The Croatian had a successful 2018 as he won Champions League, World Cup golden ball, UEFA/FIFA best male player, Ballon'd'Or award and just recently FIFA club World Cup.

Inter Milan are reportedly now ready to offer him a two-year deal worth £9million per year.

On Wednesday, December 26, Inter's sporting director Piero Ausilio told Sky Sports Italia: "I did not think it was possible to sign Modric, but why not dream?

"I only told who proposed it to me that we were there, that if what they told us was true, they had to talk to Madrid and let us know.

"Honestly, we did not feel ready for a negotiation because we knew our possibilities. Try again? In football today you can never say never."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...