Sarri reveals what he will do to Chelsea players following home loss to Chelsea

Sarri reveals what he will do to Chelsea players following home loss to Chelsea

Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri says he is considering bringing a psychologist to help put his side back on track.

The Blues suffered their first home loss of the season and their third in the Premier League after they were beaten by Leicester City 1-0 at Stamford Bridge.

Ex-England striker Jamie Vardy scored the only goal of the match but Chelsea squandered a number of chances to not only draw, but to claim victory themselves.

And Italian tactician insisted in a post-game interview that it was not tactics or any physical problems that led to a first home loss under his management.

"I had a sports psychologist 15 years ago in Italy, but it was difficult, because the clubs were not ready then," said Sarri.

"But [now] we can talk about it - why not? The reason we lost was not our physical condition.

"On Saturday, we were very good for 55 minutes and then two minutes after the goal we were in trouble. So I think there is another reason.

"We reacted a little shocked and with mental confusion. We had to only keep playing like we did before the goal, there was time to recover."

The defeat to the Foxes saw Chelsea slip further down 11 points behind Premier League leaders Liverpool.

"On Saturday, we were very good for 55 minutes and then two minutes after the goal we were in trouble. So I think there is another reason.

Chelsea's center-back Antonio Rudiger has agreed with Sarri's theory and gave his own stark analysis.

"It's a disaster. We don't talk about the title any more. If we can't win these games, we can't compete.

"With all due respect, if we don't win these kind of matches, we don't need to speak about Liverpool or City."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...