What Solskjaer said about Manchester United players after 5-1 win over Cardiff

What Solskjaer said about Manchester United players after 5-1 win over Cardiff

Manchester United's interim manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has praised his players, following a 5-1 win over Cardiff City on Saturday.

Marcus Rashford opened scoring with a free-kick in the 3rd minute, before Ander Herrera doubled their lead.

Although Camarasa pulled one back from the spot, Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard added further goals, to ensure Solskjaer won his first game in charge.

"Football is easy if you have good players. They have such quality, it's unbelievable.

"It's been a tough week for them to be fair, I just told them to be Man United.

"I think that's the easiest thing to work on, work rate is free.

"We had a session on pattern play yesterday and I'm pleased we saw that today.

"Every game gives you different challenges. The foundation was in defending, I thought the centre backs and full backs we absolutely fantastic today.

"It's a great dressing room, they have the Man United badge on their shirt for a reason, because they're quality players.

"We take one game at a time, we've caught up 8 or 9 points before but we have to go one game at a time. Let the boys enjoy tonight and then we look forward. There is still work to be done. Me and Mick have come in with some ideas.

"You feel proud and humble and it's been an emotional week, but it's a start and we move on. Nothing goes into the past quicker than a game of football," Solskjaer told Sky Sports.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...