Blind fan who passionately celebrated Salah's goal invited by the Egyptian to training ground

Blind fan who passionately celebrated Salah's goal invited by the Egyptian to training ground

Amid the celebrations when Mohamed Salah scored a brilliant goal against Napoli at Anfield that sent Liverpool to the last 16 of the Champions League, one visually-impaired supporter identified as Mike Kearny could not comprehend what it looked like.

As such, his cousin, who is a Liverpool fan took up the duty to explain the moment to Kearny in a heartwarming fashion.

As the cameras panned around Anfield after Salah's effort, the Liverpool fan could be seen whispering to Kearny how the Egyptian forward's goal went in as they celebrated.

After Mike's video went viral, Salah invited him to Melwood training facility, and gifted him with a signed shirt as seen in a video posted on Liverpool's Twitter account.

Salah's Liverpool shirt to Kearney was signed: " To Michael, your support is an inspiration. Mo Salah."
Kearney and his cousin also got the special opportunity to meet German tactician Jurgen Klopp and other first team players - a dream come true for any die hard Liverpool fan.

"Thank you Mo Salah for inviting me to meet you and for signing a shirt for me and my cousin. I had an amazing day. It was brilliant meeting everyone, I'm really grateful and won't forget the kindness shown to me,"Mike later tweeted back.

It was reported that Kearney has attended every Liverpool home matches for around five or six years now.

Fascinatingly, the 26-year-old has a special way of interpreting key moments, disclosing that he can only see bits of moments up-close.

"I've been going to nearly every home game for about five or six years now. I manage a few away games when I can as well." the 26-year old told Sport Bible.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...