How Premier League managers reacted after Man United sacked Mourinho

How Premier League managers reacted after Man United sacked Mourinho

Premier League managers have reacted to the sacking of Jose Mourinho as Manchester United coach.

Mourinho was fired by Man United on Tuesday following the club's poor form of runs so far this season.

Reacting, Arsenal manager, Unai Emery was quoted by Metro UK as saying: "When one coach is taken off, it's not good news for us.

"The only thing I can say to you is that it's a surprise for me and not good news, because when one coach finishes his work like that, it's not good for coaches.

"Mourinho's experience in the Premier League and of coaching in general is very, very big. It's not good news, but I don't know why this decision's been made."

"They cannot do our way. We need to do our focus with our work and our analysis to find the best solution in our defensive, attacking and motivational moments.

"We're working every day and this work is only for us, not for anyone else. My focus is about thinking every day about our work, our players, our matches. Tomorrow, that's against Tottenham.

"My focus is only on our way, our work. We have a lot of work to do to improve and also find a solution in every match with our players. My focus is on the big derby tomorrow, the north London derby, and that's the focus of the players as well. Only that."

On his part, Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp said: "He's a very competitive guy. Very ambitious. Really competitive. He has all my respect.

"He's unbelievably successful and I can imagine the last few months were not a joy for nobody, especially not him.

"It's not nice when you have to face these questions every day but nobody can take away all the things he has won.

"I wish he has that in his mind and not other things that have happened in the last few months. 'He is an outstanding manager."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...