Mourinho told to sell four Man United players in January

Mourinho told to sell four Man United players in January

Former Manchester United star, Willie Morgan has urged manager, Jose Mourinho, to sell Antonio Valencia, Alexis Sanchez, Nemanja Matic and Paul Pogba when the transfer window opens in January.

Morgan said this ahead of Man United's Premier League clash with Liverpool on Sunday evening at Anfield.

The ex-midfielder, who played over 200 matches for the Red Devils between 1968 and 1975, is unimpressed with how the club is being run in modern times.

When asked about Valencia potentially leaving the club in January, Morgan told Love Sport Radio: "Great, the sooner the better.

"Can he take Sanchez, Matic and Pogba with him?

"He's a failed winger playing at full-back. He's not the best defender in the world and obviously he wasn't the best winger.

"But he gives you 100% every time he goes onto the pitch. But he's not clever and he won't be missed, I can assure you."

Morgan also urged Mourinho to keep Matic and Pogba out of United's squad that will tackle Jurgen Klopp's men this weekend.

"It depends who he plays on Saturday. I honestly think we'll get a result at Liverpool," the 74-year-old added.

"I don't know why, I just do and I've got a feeling we'll go there and get a result but it depends which team he puts out.

"If he puts Matic and Pogba in midfield, the game stops every time they get the ball. So you have got to get the young lads in, a bit of movement, move the ball quicker.

"Rashford is a free player and can play anywhere, the kid is really good. I think we'll get a result.

"Again it comes down to who does he play. If he plays Pogba and Matic we won't win. If he plays the team that he played against Fulham I think we'll get a result.

"Liverpool are not that clever, you know. They're getting away with murder at the moment. They're getting all the luck in the world, they're getting all the breaks."

Mourinho's side are currently in sixth position on the Premier League table with 26 points from 16 games.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...