Graeme Souness names one player better than Salah in Premier League

Graeme Souness names one player better than Salah in Premier League

Liverpool legend, Graeme Souness has named one player that is better than Mohamed Salah in the Premier League.

He said that Chelsea forward, Eden Hazard is one player he would take over Salah as the best player in the league.

Souness is delighted with Salah's progress under manager Jurgen Klopp, who has guided the Reds to the top of the Premier League.

The Egyptian scored the winner for Liverpool vs Napoli on Tuesday in the Champions League

And while Souness is full of admiration for Salah, who has hit 13 goals and five assists in all competitions this season, he concedes he is not the best player in the league currently.

"If I could take one it would be Eden Hazard," Souness admitted in an interview with the Mail.

"I think Salah will be a better goalscorer but in terms of all-round play (Hazard).

"He [Salah] is fabulous but it's only his second year.

"Come back in five years. When you talk about those Liverpool greats, they had players who won everything.

"Some great team men, great goalscorers, longevity. This is only Salah's second season but I do believe he has the potential to be in that category."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...