Hazard speaks out after Sarri adopted Conte's style in Chelsea's 2-0 win over Man City

Hazard speaks out after Sarri adopted Conte's style in Chelsea's 2-0 win over Man City

Chelsea winger, Eden Hazard has spoken out after manager Maurizio Sarri tried to copy the style of former manager, Antonio Conte, in their 2-0 win over Manchester City on Saturday.

The Belgian captain admitted it was 'strange' that he barely touched the ball during the game.

It was goals from N'Golo Kante and David Luiz that gave Chelsea a superb 2-0 win over City at Stamford Bridge.

Hazard, however, spent most of the game on the fringes as Sarri opted to use him in a false 9 position.

City dominated possession throughout and Hazard cut an isolated figure against Pep Guardiola's men, though he did superbly to set-up Kante for the opener.

Conte often used Hazard in a central striker position last season and although Hazard says he's used to the position, he admitted that it was strange not to be in possession

Asked if he was happy to play up front, Hazard told Sky Sports, "The feeling is a little strange because I don't get to touch the ball a lot in this position.

"But I played in this position last year under Conte, so I know what to do."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...