Paul Merson predicts scorelines of Chelsea vs Manchester City, others

Paul Merson predicts scorelines of Chelsea vs Manchester City, others

Former Arsenal midfielder, Paul Merson has tipped Manchester City to beat Chelsea 2-1 when both sides clash in today's Premier League fixture at the Stamford Bridge.

He also predicted Newcastle to play a 2-2 draw with Wolves on Sunday evening in the Premier League fixture.

"Liverpool will be hoping Chelsea do them a favour against Manchester City but in truth, Maurizio Sarri's side must do themselves a favour in regard to getting into the top four," Merson told Sky Sports.

"They are 10 points behind Man City now so even if Chelsea win, seven points is a big gap at this stage of the season. When are City going to lose another three football matches? And that's without Chelsea losing another game.

"If you are going on form, you can't see anything but a Man City win. If City get this game out of the way and don't lose, I don't see how they don't go through the whole league season without losing. There's this game and then Manchester United away but they play Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal at home so if they come through this game unscathed I really don't see where they lose.

"My prediction is Chelsea 1 Man City 2".

Commenting on the Newcastle vs Wolves game, Merson said: "This is a hard game to call. Newcastle were slaughtered at home by West Ham but then they go to Everton, who were very unlucky against Liverpool, and get a draw. "It's the same for Wolves.

"They could not win a game for toffee but then they go and get a great result after being a goal down to beat Chelsea.

"It's so hard to predict and that's why everybody loves the Premier League.

"I think this will be a very entertaining game.

"Newcastle must come out and try to win and Wolves play like that anyway, so I think there will be goals.

"Prediction is Newcastle 2 Wolves 2."

The kick-off time for Chelsea vs Man City is 6:30pm, while that of Newcastle vs Wolves is 5pm.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...