Arsenal legend Petit mocks Sanchez, claims Man United signed his brother

Arsenal legend Petit mocks Sanchez, claims Man United signed his brother

Arsenal legend Emmanuel Petit has aimed a dig at Manchester United attacker Alexis Sanchez for dumping the north London club.

The Chilean striker forced his way out of the Emirates Stadium to join the Red Devils in January 2018 but has struggled for form and goals at Old Trafford.

He has scored just three Premier League goals since he joined Jose Mourinho's side earlier this year.

The 29-year-old has also scored once this season in ten English topflight appearances - a stats that is not befitting for Sanchez's caliber.

Tribal Football however reports that Petit joked that the Red Devils must have signed Sanchez's brother.

"The manager is on the bench, so you need to show pride in your own performance when you are on the field and the first one who has gone into hiding at United is Alexis Sanchez, " Petit told Goal.

"He wanted to leave Arsenal because he was chasing the salary United could offer. Now he receives so much money and in nine months what has he done? Nothing. I have not seen him. I think they signed his brother.

"I understand that players believe they deserve certain financial rewards when they reach a certain level, but what we have seen from Sanchez at United has not been acceptable. "

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...