Pochettino blasts Arsenal celebrations after 4-2 win over Tottenham

Pochettino blasts Arsenal celebrations after 4-2 win over Tottenham

Tottenham Hotspur manager, Mauricio Pochettino, has said Arsenal should save celebratory social media posts for after trophy-winning triumphs rather than mid-season Derby wins.

The Gunners emerged victorious in last Sunday's North London Derby, with Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang scoring twice, while Lucas Torreira and Alexandre Lacazette added a goal apiece.

After the match, Aubameyang shared a video of the dressing room celebrations, while Sead Kolasinac referred to the Gunners as the "Kings of North London" in a tweet.

"Personally, I don't like it. Obviously if you win a trophy, like I won when I was a player, it's a moment to celebrate.

For me - this is my mentality and I don't want to say it's right or wrong - I love to celebrate in private and not make it public. I love to celebrate the things with your team-mates.

"If you win, of course celebrate and show the fans you're happy - it's fantastic - but when you win a trophy, when you win something special.

"In the end, Arsenal and Tottenham, we are on 30 points each. We're in a similar position, still with a lot of things to play for. But to be sporting enemies is a fantastic thing and I don't want to criticise what people want to do.

"Today it's normal. Look what happened in social media. I go with my dog to the park, Trent Park, and the most important thing [for other people] is not to share the walk with your dog, it's to share with your followers. I'm of the older generation. I accept the new technology but I try to keep a bit of that away," Pochettino said when asked about the dressing room posts.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...